LipiMAX® is a highly purified lipid concentrate or lipoprotein solution for use as a cell culture media supplement. It is derived from adult bovine serum of Australian origin and comprises a balanced profile of naturally occurring cholesterol, phospholipids and essential fatty acids.
LipiMAX® provides a purified source of key nutritional and in vitro environmental components, while significantly reducing the purification concerns arising from the use of whole animal sera. Specific applications for LipiMAX® include:
- Development of cell culture medium where serum-free or reduced serum conditions are desired;
- Enhance propagation of mammalian cells (particularly cholesterol-dependent cell lines);
- Stimulate production of MAb’s by hybridoma cells;
- Enhance production efficiencies of recombinant proteins;
Primary benefits of LipiMAX®
The primary benefits of Selborne’s LipiMAX® are as follows:
- RISK REDUCTION. In order to manage risk, many pharmaceutical companies require multiple sources for all critical or “Key” components. Australia is one of few countries in the world with the highest rating (lowest risk) for potential of BSE contamination as rated by the EU Scientific Steering Committee on the Geographical Risk of BSE. LipiMAX® is the only lipoprotein solution that is both sourced from and manufactured in Australia. Because it comes from a completely separate raw material pool, LipiMAX® is a true 2nd source.
- FILTERABILITY. When used as a component in cell culture medium, some lipoprotein solutions may become cloudy or develop precipitates. This phenomenon may increase over time (particularly during extended periods of storage) and require special filtration steps prior to use in manufacturing. LipiMAX® has no cloudy precipitation and readily dissolves during medium formulation.
- LOW ENDOTOXIN. Some lipoprotein solutions measure endotoxin relative to other components such as cholesterol content. For example, if the allowable range for cholesterol is 11 g/L and the allowable range for endotoxin is 6 EU/mg of cholesterol, the allowable upper limit for endotoxin would be 66 EU/ml. By comparison, LipiMAX® has a specified range of 50 EU/ml with a typical value of < 10 EU/ml.
- MAXIMUM YIELDS. Selborne’s proprietary purification process results in a high performance cell culture medium supplement that can help you maximize production yields while lowering overall manufacturing costs.
Selborne LipiMAX®. No worries.